Saturday, 26 July 2014

Reflection Week One

  • I have found it tricky to get through each of the activities using the "Move" model and keep to timeframes.
  • Children have been very engaged in activities and enthusiastic. They love the challenge of the memory test we start with.
  • The children seemed initially horrified that I would challenge their thinking and ask them to explain why the think something. For example, Alo told me during the jellybean estimation activity that the boys had more than the girls. I asked "How do you know that?" It was obvious he had been rarely challenged to explain why he thought something. This is something we will work on.
  • I have noted also that several children are very reluctant participants and unless asked do not contribute any ideas at all. I will need to think about this and how I can get them to participate more.
  • Knowledge that I have noted needs to be worked on....Reading numbers in the 1000's, counting in 10's...lost over 100, doubles over 10 to become instant, facts to twenty (using squeezy boxes) was tricky for most.
  • All in all a good week. We have got to know each other, set our rules, have our routines and ready to roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment